If you've read my blog our know us, you know that we have a chocolate lab named Sugar. We love her very much! She has turned us into "weird dog people." John Allen selected the parents Sugar would come from and we patiently waited for her to be born. I will never forget the day John Allen brought her home. She was such a sweet little bundle of brown fur. We knew from the first day that she was special. It wasn't long until the hunting plans he had for her turned into plans to snuggle with her on the couch! We have spoiled and babied that dog! I know I sound like I am talking about a human child, but for now, she's all we have (except for Lucy, which is a whole other subject).
Well, we have always wanted to take very good care of our Sugar! We never wanted her to eat people food! Apparently, this doesn't suit our furry baby, because in the five years we have had her, she has eaten everything she possibly could! I could write a book. Each time, we worry until we know she's going to survive her binge. I have decided that ignorance is bliss, because now that John Allen has some veterinary knowledge, we are more aware of the risks each time she does it. She always does it again. . .
Tonight, we went to dinner and then I rode with John Allen to the school so that he could take care of some patients. While I was waiting, I was talking to someone about all of the things Sugar has eaten. Low and behold, when we return home, I see the food tub in the middle of the kitchen floor with the lid off. SHE HAD EATEN TONS OF FOOD!!! Her food has been in this Rubbermaid tub for years and she's never been able to get into it. She finally succeeded. She's waddling around like a blimp with legs. It hurts my heart! I hope she feels better tomorrow. When will she ever learn?
Life's a Dance
9 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment